The Independent Directory
- This website manages the Independent Directory, which is offered as a free online service to individuals and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporations to make connections for the purposes of filling vacant independent director positions.
- If you want to notify users of this website that you are available to fill independent director positions, you need to create a personal profile, which can then be accessed on this website and used by corporations to find out information about you. To create a personal profile, you need to register an account and enter your profile information. You can do this by following the applicable links on the website and completing the online forms.
- If you want to advertise that your corporation is seeking someone to fill an independent director position, you need to register an account for your corporation and enter information about the corporation and the vacancy. The information about the vacancy can then be accessed on this website and used by users of the website. You can do this by following the applicable links on the website and completing the online forms.
- Using the data entered by users, the Independent Directory computer system attempts to indicate where matches between individual profiles and corporation advertisements occur. The system then sends an email alert to relevant parties about the existence of a potential match, and if more than one match exists, it attempts to rank them.
Information entered by you
- You grant to us an irrevocable, perpetual, world wide, royalty-free licence (including the right to sub-licence) of all the information entered by you using this website to use, reproduce, adapt and publish that information and information derived from it for purposes associated with the Independent Directory and our other governmental activities.
- You promise not to enter information using this website that:
- is inaccurate, misleading or deceptive
- is defamatory, offensive or culturally or racially insensitive
- is for a purpose other than connected with assisting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporations to fill independent director position vacancies, or
- infringes any third party's copyright or other intellectual property rights, or breaches an obligation of confidentiality owed to a third party or is otherwise unlawful.
- We reserve the right to:
- monitor the information entered using this website
- take steps to keep this website current and relevant, including by deleting information that we consider may be aged or stale, without notifying you, and
- suspend or cancel the account of the person or corporation that entered the information that we consider to be non-compliant.
- We do not:
- guarantee that we can match an individual to a vacant position or vice versa
- guarantee that a match will be suitable for each party
- endorse any people or organisations that use the service, or
- assess, confirm, evaluate, vet, validate or verify the accuracy or completeness of information posted by users.
- You need to make your own further inquiries about individuals, corporations and positions and the terms used for any engagements to fill vacant positions.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWEVER CAUSED (INCLUDING THROUGH NEGLIGENCE), WHICH YOU MAY DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE, NOR DO WE ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICES OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
- You are responsible for protecting your computer systems and we are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with your use of this website.
- Our website may link you to other websites on the internet. These other websites are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such websites. The inclusion of such a link does not imply endorsement of the website by us or any association with its operators.
- You must take your own precautions to ensure your use of our website and accessing any website linked to our website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference, which may damage your own computer systems. Accessing this website or any linked website is your decision and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we are not responsible or liable in any way for:
- your use of this website or any linked website or any loss or damage incurred arising out of or in connection with your use of them; and
- the content or practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to our website.
- The copyright notice here applies to this website.
- The trade marks, service marks and logos (Trade Marks) used in this website are our registered or unregistered Trade Marks or are owned by the relevant third party. No Trade Mark may be copied, reproduced, adapted or transmitted in any form without the relevant owner's consent.
Use of website information
- The information and material in this website (unless otherwise stated) is provided solely for the purpose of assisting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporations to fill independent director positions vacancies.
- You agree that you will not (either yourself or through any third party):
- use any robot, spider, screen scraper, data aggregation tool or other automatic device or process (Automated Process) to process, monitor, copy or extract any web pages on this website, or any of the information, content or data contained within or accessible through this website, without our prior written permission
- use any Automated Process to aggregate or combine information, content or data contained within or accessible through this website with information, content or data accessible via or sourced from any third party
- use any information on or accessed through this website for any commercial purpose (including but not limited to market research) or otherwise (either directly or indirectly) for profit or gain. (This does not include the remuneration of an individual account holder under this website arising from his or her appointment by an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporation account holder under this website.)
- use any device, software, process or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website or any transaction or process being conducted on or through it
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of or bandwidth connecting to this website
- reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discover source code or other arithmetical formula or processes in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with this website
- introduce any viruses or material which contain components harmful to this website or our computer systems, or
- use this website for any other unlawful purpose or activity.
- We agree to use any of your personal information in accordance with our privacy statement.
- We reserve our right to suspend and terminate your access to this website at any time without reason and without notice.
- No failure to exercise nor any delay in exercising any right, power or remedy by a party operates as a waiver. A single or partial exercise of any right, power or remedy does not preclude any other or further exercise of that or any other right, power or remedy. A waiver is not valid or binding on the party granting the waiver unless it is made in writing.
- We may give you notice by electronic mail, conventional mail, facsimile or personal service. You may give us notice by email to the email address specified in the ‘Contact Us’ section of our website.